Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Those darn Hornets!!

I don't know if it is all the rain that is making them crazy, but we have just discovered another nest of hornets in our garden! I found one last year in our mulberry tree when one stung me on the neck while picking leaves for our silk worms.
Jaina was playing with the baby guinea pigs the other day. I was inside folding washing when I heard a very painful scream coming from her. The whole family rushed outside to discover her lying on the ground holding her leg tight. Within seconds a huge welt appeared with a dark red circle in the middle. I gave her antihistamine syrup and covered it with Anthisan cream. She lay on the couch for a long time with the family checking on her every few minutes, bringing blankets and warm cups of sweet tea. Her leg is much better now but the bite mark has left a small hole in her skin, very strange.
Now I was tying up a tree branch in the morning after the rain had stopped for a brief time, only to feel that terribly painful pinch on my fore arm. Arrgh, out with the antihistamine and Anthisan! Instantly, I got goosebumps down my arm to my fingers, it really is painful and with shaky hands consoled myself with a cup of warm tea.
Warm tea, my friend, what would I do without you!

No comments: